National Academy of Sciences and National Academy of Engineering
The National Academies are private, nonprofit institutions that provide independent, objective expert advice on some of the most pressing challenges facing the nation and the world. Their work helps shape sound policies, inform public opinion, and advance the pursuit of science, engineering, and medicine. The Academies bring together the nation’s best and brightest scientific and technical minds, including nearly 500 Nobel Prize winners, who volunteer their time to provide our country’s leaders with the best available evidence and advice. A steadfast commitment to integrity and independence has established the Academies as a credible resource for decision makers.
The Hillman Foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life in Pittsburgh and southwestern Pennsylvania. The Foundation’s grant program primarily focuses on projects within the areas of Community and Economic Development, Cultural Advancement and the Arts, Education, Environment and Conservation, Health and Medicine, and Human and Social Services.
The Simons Foundation’s mission is to advance the frontiers of research in mathematics and the basic sciences. Foundation outreach programs aim to connect outstanding scientists with the general public, communicating the excitement of science and providing opportunities for discourse on emerging or important scientific topics of our times.
At the heart of our program are our Science Ambassadors — exceptional researchers from academia, federal laboratories, and industry, who generously volunteer their time and knowledge. Thank you to them, and to the institutions that support their work!
- Carnegie Mellon University:
- College of Engineering
- Department of Engineering and Public Policy
- Steinbrenner Institute for Environmental Education and Research
- Center for Climate and Energy Decision Making
- Center for Atmospheric Particle Studies
- School of Architecture
- Science and Humanities Scholars Program
- University of Pittsburgh
- Swanson School of Engineering
- Center for Energy
- University Center for Social & Urban Research
- University of Pittsburgh Honors College
- U.S. DOE National Energy Technology Laboratory
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation
- Green Building Alliance
We are also grateful to our community partners for their invaluable guidance and help in organizing events and reaching community decision makers.
- City of Pittsburgh Department of Innovation and Performance
- Energy Innovation Center
- Green Building Alliance
- Conservation Consultants, Inc.
- Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History
- Washington & Jefferson College
- Western Pennsylvania Regional Data Center
- Allegheny Conference on Community Development
- AlphaLab Gear